When planning a civil construction project, it’s important to consider a construction alignment analysis and see what all your alternatives and paths are in order to create the most efficient, best plan for completion. Our advanced construction software includes feasibility planning tools to help engineers define and optimize corridors and alignments from A to B. Trimble is your partner to create a completely connected construction plan, from feasibility plan to building to completing the project.
Discover the Best Rail Corridor or Road Alignment Options
Automate the construction planning process to create the optimal option for your road or rail project with our advanced alignment software. View all feasible alternatives to help make the best decisions when working on your construction plan. Immediately evaluate and consider multiple factors simultaneously during the construction alignment analysis phase.
- Optimal tool for both small road construction projects as well as large and complex road highway and high-speed rail projects
- Combines GIS data, unit costs, and geometric parameters
- Gather and analyze the existing situation, design standards, terrain, geological, and hydrological data, environmental areas and property ownership in one software platform
- Evaluate how noise impacts the community around the potential road corridor
- Run all data factors along with cost information in a simultaneous optimization process on all types of rail and road construction projects
Plan for Sustainability with Better Environmental and Public Outcomes
The CO2 Calculator will forecast carbon dioxide emissions that will be generated during the construction of a road or rail project, including the expected CO2 output for moving materials, preparing land, and constructing structures along each construction alignment.
You can also forecast the CO2 emissions that will be produced by traffic using the new infrastructure, enabling major construction projects to evaluate millions of alternatives to understand the viability and to understand and optimize the tradeoffs between cost, CO2 impact of construction, and the long term CO2 impact of operating the infrastructure.
- CO2 Calculator enables users to forecast CO2 emissions that will be produced in the construction phase of the civil project
- Quantm shows a display of impacted traffic after construction project completion on the finished road
- View daily traffic flow and average speed
- Environmental impact on fuel consumption
- Additional details showcase vehicle parameters
- Noise indicators enables users to analyze how noise will affect the community around project
Reduce Financial Risk with Alternative Alignment Transparency
We understand the very early construction planning stage usually involves a manual process of evaluating and all possible road corridors and alternative options. This becomes very costly, both in time and actual dollars spent. Our Quantm alignment planning software automates the planning process, giving you all possible options to make faster, better decisions. Insert all types of construction costs to get a more accurate estimate of overall project budget. Invest in a better future by choosing feasibility software with detailed cost specifications built into construction project calculations. Gain faster validation when generating multiple alternative routes to create the optimal alignment for your road or rail project.
- Reduce investor risk and provide more accurate estimates for tightly constrained budgets
- Insert all types of factors with accurate costs that affect the alignment of a construction project.
- Factors that can be part of our feasibility planning software include the cost of structures such as bridges, tunnels, retaining walls, the cost of earthworks and excavation of different material types, the cost of expropriation of land, and the cost of road pavement or rail track and ballast
Reduce Planning Time
The tool automatically calculates all alternative corridors and compares thousands of different alignment alternatives to find the most optimal line, without manual calculations.
- Automate the process
- Visualize true 3-dimensional optimizations to view proposed alignments more realistically
- Assess multiple corridors in a short period of time and gain a good overview of the area
- Export alignments to Google Earth
Easily export data to other construction software systems with e.g. DXF, Esri Shape, Land XML
Connect Your Construction Data:
Complete advanced construction software integrations to make your construction project workflows quicker and smarter.
- Trimble Quadri
- Trimble Tilos
- Trimble Business Center
- Google Earth
- Civil 3D
- Open Roads Designer
- Open Rail
Discover the power of connected construction technology
Maximize productivity of each phase of the construction project lifecycle by leveraging Trimble advanced construction software – specifically built to connect each step, role and stakeholder. From concept and design to schedule and project management, construct and build and even the operate and maintain phases of construction, our integrated software solutions use the power of connected data and workflows to help you increase efficiency, reduce costs and produce more profit.
Integrate Rail and Road Alignment Options to Create Connected Construction Projects
Shared construction data from Trimble’s feasibility planning software ensures all project contributors have the latest construction plan information to empower their decisions and become more productive from planning to beginning to completion of a construction project.
As designed. As built. As expected. Using one model throughout the construction project is possible for all stakeholders. Collaborate on an infrastructure project in real time with Trimble’s proven civil BIM collaboration solution.Find out more
Transportation Engineer, Stantec
Not only do we save time and money, we always have a more complete route plan.
Ready to see Feasibility Planning from Trimble in action?
No matter your role or stage in the construction project lifecycle, we can help you be more productive. Let’s chat through your business needs and schedule a demo to show you our feasibility planning solution in action.